[Mind on the rocks]

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Rants and raves: The unbearable emptiness of being...

The wedding is over...
Post-wedding traveling is over...
Family left...
Amy left for another year of Pork-less days in Jordan...
LQJ is going off to school and probably will be super busy from this point on...
World Cup is over...
20 pounds came off of me for good (at least for a while)

I have been so involved in the past 6 months with wedding prep, visa, arranging for travel, losing weight, and going to school and working at the same time. Looking back, everyday was filled with "things". I was always rushing from place A to place B. Towards the end of planning, my days were charted out in hourly increments, and I was getting no more than 5 hours of sleep every day. While I was traveling with family, we ate whatever was available and rushed from one mode of transportation to the next, as if we were trying to score the hit-as-many-famous-place-as-we-can-in-the-least-amount-of-time prize. And now, all has gone and all is quiet. I am left with an unexpected emptiness in my heart, so vast so boundless that it fills me with sadness and longing for... what? Do I want to go back to the hairpulling days of wedding planning? No. Aggrevating incidents of applying for mom's visa? Absolutely not. Sitting still in rushhour traffic on 101 S, eaten alive by the fear that I was going to miss my final? Hmm... No. Maybe I need to find new purpose in life. Summer still has not reached its height, yet to me summer is over.
Categories

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home